Mother’s Day is around the corner and I thought I would share my favorite items for my mom and all moms :). Mother’s tend to love habits and routines so usually I like to get something different for my mom than she wouldn’t usually buy for herself. Such as a face cream set or earrings of a slightly different style! Check out some gift ideas below:
As spring is approaching and we are transitioning from heavy jackets to light coats and cardigans, I am eyeing some fun, colorful pieces that I am excited to wear this season. Transitioning from cold weather to warmer temperatures should be fun. Below, I am sharing some cute pieces that you can add to your spring wardrobe without breaking the bank. I hope you enjoy them!
Each year as spring arrives, there is hype about the cherry blossoms bloom. I finally got the chance to visit D.C during cherry blossom season this year and it did not disappoint!
I have been following fashion week and couldn’t help but notice outfits with a flowy silhouette this season. For me, flared pants particularly stood out and I am currently loving this trend. They are not only comfortable but also very feminine and chic. Currently, there are a few different version, such as crop, high-waist and extra-flare. They all look great paired with heels and boots! I am sharing some of my favorites below:
1. High-waist Pants
2. Plaid Pants
3. Stripe Pants
(Images are property of Shopbop and Nordstrom. Click links to view details)
I hope you like these options and enjoy wearing them as much as I do!
Anyone who knows me knows that the first thing I need in the morning is coffee! With that being said, to start my day, I make my own breakfast, and in the meanwhile, also, set the tone for the day by making a general list of stuff that I was to get done that day. Breakfast, is definitely the most important meal of the day for me 🙂 It also helps to have a different options for breakfast so you don’t get bored.
With a fast paced life, sometimes it’s not always convenient to make breakfast. However, there are some breakfast options that I will be sharing today, that you can prepare a night before and take with you to work.
1.Steel cut Oats with brown sugar, cinnamon and apples: This breakfast bowl requires preparation a day (or two) ahead of when you plan to consume it. You can make a small pot and eat it for the next 1-2 days or make it fresh every night. It really depends. I usually use the organic steel cut oats and cook about half a cup with 2% milk and a bit of brown sugar. Once it’s cooked, I pop it in the fridge. In the morning, I add it to a bowl of apples and top it off with some cinnamon. It’s healthy and very filling!
2. Chia Seed Pudding with berries and jam: This is a simple breakfast yet very easy to make. I simply mix 1/4 cup of chia seeds with almond milk in a mason jar, and make sure I stir it for about two minutes until I see the chia seeds floating throughout the liquid and not just sinking to the bottom. Then I add a bit of raspberry jam and some blackberries and blueberries. Place it in the refrigerator, so it cools and thicken, stir and enjoy! ( If you have to run out the door you can simply grab the jar and head out).
3. scrambled eggs with mushroom, bell peppers, sour cream and avocado: This is my go-to on weekends! simply sautée the mushroom and peppers in a bit of olive oil and add the egg mixture( Beat two eggs with a tiny bit of milk, salt and pepper). Add a bit of sour cream and avocado. Savor!
4. Everything bagel with cream cheese and avocado: The most filling breakfast for when you have a long day ahead of you! I simply get everything bagels, toast them and add cream cheese, half an avocado and sprinkle it with salt and pepper! Voila!
I hope you try these and enjoy them as much as I do!
No one looks forward to the cold! But I do love a cozy sweater when the temperature drops. Despite their simplicity, cozy sweaters with a simple pair of jeans or tights can really do the trick for an effortless look.
Check out this cozy sweater with faux fur sleeves, for example. With some extra little touches like pearl hoops and eye catching mules, the off-white of the sweater really pops, resulting in a chic look with zero the effort!
Below are some some cute sweaters that can achieve the same look (Images below are property of Nordstrom website. Click links to view details):
During the weekdays, it’s hard to apply a full face of makeup. Sometimes, it’s because you do not have enough time in the morning to do a full face of makeup, at other times, you feel it’s too much work. However, for days where I have activities planned through the evening, I came up with a quick makeup routine that takes me from morning to night. It’s not too much for the day and perfect if you are going out for dinner/drinks after work.
I start with applying a moisturizer, blend it in and make sure it’s absorbed. Then I apply a light primer (this is an extra step, but it helps the makeup stay put and last longer). I let it sit while I do my eyebrows and eyes. For eyes, I use brown or nude eyeshadow, apply a very thin eyeliner (mostly just at the lash line) and apply 2 coats of mascara.
Then I use a little bit of foundation (medium coverage-it’s better if you are only using it on a few spots) to conceal the under eye, nose or any spots that need it and blend it thoroughly. Sometimes, I switch it up, and only apply a tinted moisturizer along with some highlighter. If you have puffy eyes in the morning, I am linking a product by Clinique below that really helped with it. Next step is blush, which I apply lightly on the apples of the cheek and a bit of bronzer below the cheekbones. For the last step, I apply two coats of Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Sculpting lipstick.
I am linking all the products below ❤
- Primer: Laura Mercier radiance Foundation Primer
- Tinted moisturizer: Tarte’s Tarteguard SPF 20
- Eyeshade: Smashbox Matte Exposure Palatte
- Eyeliner: Clinique Pretty Easy Liquid Eye-lining Pen
- Mascara: Diorshow by Dior
- Blush: Tarte Paaarty
- Bronzer: Bobbi Brown in Medium
- Highlighter: Benefit Watt’s Up
- Lipstick: Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Sculpting Lipstick in Intense Nude
- Setting Spray: Urban Decay All Nighter Long -Lasting Makeup Setting Spray
With the arrival of fall, I get new candles (think musky scents, vanilla and cinnamon), switch my coffee to something more soothing and sweet tasting like caramel, pecan or vanilla spice. For me, change in the air is what’s so appealing about fall. This also means, warmer sweaters (#sweaterweather) and ankle boots. However, not so appealing side is the dry skin and chapped lips. So, I decided that today I will share my go-to lipsticks for Fall (new season means new lipsticks too, right?). These are creamier and darker shades that keep your lips hydrated while providing rich color.
- Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick in shade- CHAI
This handcrafted lipstick is a creamy mauve-brownand has a mint/citrus flavor. It’s made with 12 edible oils, which delivers consistent color and moisturization.
- NARS Velvet Matte Lipstick Pencil in Shade- Walkyrie
My go-to shade for summer and Fall. It’s has a velvety-matte finish and is a pencil, so you can line and fill your lips at the same time. It’s a non-drying formula and easy to carry.
- YSL Tatouage Couture Liquid Matte Lip Stain in Shade- Rouge Tatouage
This is a lip stain and has buildable color.It smells amazing and provides up to eight hours of wear.
- Sephora Rouge Matte Lipstick in Shade- Super Hot
Perfect for a night out, the Rouge Matte has many shades that are perfect for fall.
- Stila Matte’ificent Lipstick in Shade- Bonbon
This is a warm brown shade, just perfect for fall and looks great during the day!