The one thing that I am attentive to every single day is my skin. I would go as far to say that I spend more time applying creams than I do makeup. Makeup excites me, and I believe that good makeup application starts with good, healthy and thoroughly prepped skin.
When it comes to taking care of my skin, I avoid skipping any steps in applying products. This is especially true for my nighttime routine, when I take all my makeup off and really take my time to apply products and let them sink in. At night, I can apply thicker creams, moisturizing masks (depending on the season) and not worry about my face looking like an oil producing factory. All the while, giving my skin rest and recovery time for the next day.
Since my makeup routine consists of applying a light foundation every day when I head out for work, I only apply a moisturizer and/or primer and nothing else under my makeup. Sometimes, I am out in the sun as well and I think the environment can take its toll on your skin, so a BB cream cream with SPF or a moisturizer with SPF is a must.
For all the ladies out there, I will share some products that I am currently using and I am hoping you will find the product breakdown helpful. I try to switch products depending on the weather (for example, heavier creams in winter and gel moisturizers in summer). Here is a breakdown of the products:
- Caudalie Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet: Caudalie is known for its clean ingredients. They are environmentally friendly and do not contain mineral oils, parabens and phthalates among other chemicals. This sorbet is in the form of a light gel cream that dissolves instantly upon application. It smells fresh and is hydrating. It’s good for summer months when you don’t need a lot of moisturizer but something to keep your skin hydrated. Additionally, it has a mild scent and is great for sensitive skin. I believe it works well on dry skin as well.
- Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum: The radiance serum is milky and is readily absorbed. I usually apply the serum on my face after cleansing and gently pat it to make sure its absorbed before applying the moisturizer. It helps with dark spots and overall skin tone. It is also oil-free which a plus for me.
- Fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy Dream: I heard about the hype for this lip product and only recently started using it. I will say that after using it a couple of times, I did feel a different in the dryness levels of my lips. I wake up to baby soft lips and I feel they get dry less frequently. I usually apply this at night and use a regular Chapstick for the day as it has a sheer tint (in which case it can be work alone for a natural look).
- Kora Organics Noni Glow Face Oil (Ultra-hydrating): I was really excited to try this face oil. It smells nice and is infused wth rose quartz. It readily absorbs in the skin and is suitable for sensitive skin. It doesn’t have a strong floral scent which is what I like about this product. Sometimes, my skin needs more hydration and starts drying out. I apply this on top of the Caudalie moisturizer at night and gently massage it on my face and neck.
- Sunday Riley Good Genes Lactic Acid Treatment: This is my go to when my skin is feel out-of-balance. It is on the pricier side but a little goes a long way. I feel that it does exfoliate and remove dead, dull skin cells even though it has no obvious beads for exfoliation. It has a strong scent, so I use it only at night and discontinue when I feel my skin is feeling less congested and clear.